Thursday, March 26, 2015

To Kill a Mockingbird & Go Set a Watchman

"To Kill A Mockingbird" was probably one of the few classics I was forced to read in school that I actually enjoyed. I found Scout to be the kind of kind, smart, no nonsense kind of person that I wanted to grow up to be. Because of the book's setting, there are things that obviously made me angry. There was the whole injustice behind the case and how the townspeople treated Scout's father for doing a proper job representing him.

I found the book to be captivating. And while I don't own a copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird", I'd really like to. This posts comes as my response to Harper Lee's book "Go Set a Watchman" that is scheduled to be released soon. Since I loved her first book, I do not want to miss my chance to own her next one. If it is anything like the previous title, I know that it will be money well spent.

Now, in no way is this post an advertisement or a call for you to buy her book. There will be plenty of local libraries out there that will have a copy on hand. If historical fiction is your style, this may be the book for you. Keep in mind, I will post an update after I've had a chance to read it. Until then, Happy Reading (for you book lovers) and Happy Watching (for you anime lovers).

No comments:

Post a Comment