Way to go Netflix!
They seriously deserve a pat on the back for sourcing this series. Usually, by the time an anime makes it onto their site, I've already seen it once or twice. But this season, they really surprised me with new and quality content. Okay, that's enough of that. Let's get into the details.
This anime checked all my boxes, artwork, uniqueness of story and voice acting. For the traditionalists you can watch it with subtitles. And for those who prefer to multitask while they watch TV, there's an English Dub option. ^_^
The pacing of the story in the beginning is definitely slow and it definitely has that slice of life genre feel. However, the lives of these characters quickly gets turned in a new direction when they discover another floating island with a mysterious girl. Then their island gets attacked, which leads to a few conspiracies and all sorts of secrets getting revealed.
At the risk of ruining the thrill for the rest of you, I'll stop there. But I will say that it was a very interesting first season. And I'm curious to see where the people of this island end up. Be warned, this is not your typical happy-go-lucky anime story. Characters you get attached to might die before everything's done. You just have to watch and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment