I know I probably should have talked about this little gem last year. But I was too busy waiting for Crunchyroll's weekly upload of the next episode.
Let's first talk about the title. Perfect click bait for all the book lovers around the world. And the story does not disappoint. We start with a young Japanese woman named Murano who dies and is reincarnated into the body of a sickly child named Main (pronounced 'mine'). Main lives in a different world, has blue hair and even has an older sister named Turi.
She still has all her old memories from her other life, including her obsession with books. Unfortunately, this new world lacks public education, libraries and all the daily luxuries that we take for granted. Armed with her knowledge of the modern world and her determination to be able to read books again, Main sets out to create books.
I could keep going, but I really don't want to spoil it for you. It's a slice of life style anime with great voice acting and even better artwork. Stream season 1 and 2 on Crunchyroll. And for those of you who are opposed to subtitles, Crunchyroll offers season 1 dubbed in English. Personally I give the entire anime 5 stars from artwork to voice acting to ingenuity! It might just replace Fruits Basket as my favorite anime of all time. But let's see how season 3 goes before making any life altering decisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment