Thursday, December 10, 2020

Thursday Murder Club

I know what you've all been thinking..."When is she going to stop watching TV and read a book?" Well you're in luck. This week I did. 

It was clever but not funny. For that, I gave it 4 stars. The way it was written was kind of scattered and made it difficult to read. For that I gave it 3 stars. Overall rating: 3.5

I'm sure the writer did that on purpose because all the main characters live in an assisted living facility. The writing was probably meant to make it feel like an absent minded old person was telling the story. If that was the author's goal, then he nailed it. But, I was not a fan because it made parts of the story hard to follow. Anything that disrupts that sucked into the story feeling is a negative. 

The point of any good whodunit is to try and guess the murderer before you get to the end. I give the author credit because he killed off one of my prime suspects pretty early. Keeping me guessing was nice. Of course, it did take a while to get to the action bit (when the 1st person dies), so the book loses points for that.

Overall, it was a fun way to spend 2 days. I love a good crime novel and Thursday Murder Club is just that--good, not great. If you want something to compare it to, it's Murder She Wrote revised. But instead if Jessica Fletcher nosing her way into the investigation we have Joyce, Elisabeth, Ron, and Ibrahim.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment