Friday, March 19, 2021

Domestic Girlfriend


 This anime is probably right up there with a good Jackie Collins book. It's SCANDALOUS!! 

I had so much fun watching this one. From the available description, my first thought was that the main character and his new step-sister were going to get into a relationship behind the parents' back. And I was right. Only, the sister I expected him to get tangled up with, was not the sister he ended up with.

I'm not sure how to entice you to watch this one without spoiling the story for you. The basics are as follows:

Teenage boy goes to a mixer with his friends and leaves with a girl. He and the girl have a one night stand. After a week or so, he comes home and finds out that his father has been dating one night stand's mother and the parents are getting married.  If that's not awkward, I don't know what is. 

Well, turns out there is another, older sister. The older sister just so happens to be the school teacher our main character has been secretly in love with for his entire time in high school. But the elder sister is tangled up in a messy relationship of her own: she's in love with a married man.

At some point, just as the leading man is trying to get over his unrequited love for the teacher and get under (or is it on top of) the younger sister, the school teacher starts hinting that she wants a relationship with him. That she wants to shed the unhealthy side chick status and date her student instead (because that's soo much better...NOT!) 

Really, she just gets jealous when she sees him getting close to the little sister. And so, well, I'm sure you can guess. Anyway, if you like the occasional dose of guilty pleasure in your life, then I definitely recommend this one. 

Five stars! This one does not have an English dub at the moment but that doesn't make it any less worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment