Monday, January 10, 2022

The Faraway Paladin

The Faraway Paladin is hands down my new favorite anime of 2021.    

Thank you Crunchyroll for giving me access to such a wonderful story. It was a great way to top off my year. And I definitely hope this one gets a second season. It has been awhile since I posted, so I'll give a quick rundown of my rating scale. I give anywhere from 1 to 5 stars for the artwork, creativity of the story, execution of the idea and the voice acting. Personally, I'm partial to a certain style of art. However, I do make exceptions from time to time IF the story is amazing.  

The Faraway Paladin gets 5 stars across the board. 

The artwork is beautiful, the voice acting was superb, and the story was great. English dub was not available when I watched it. If one develops in the future, I'll let you know. 

Will, our main character, falls into a isekai type tale. He died and was reincarnated in a fantasy style world as an infant. Like other characters in stories of this type, he has some memories of his previous life. Will admits that he had some flaws in the past and is determined to be better this time around. He's also really good at magic. 

Where Will's story differs is that he didn't wake up one day an was suddenly a magical genius who can instatly use all the best spells and cast without words. He has the aptitude but learns magic and sword skills overtime from the three undead humans who raise him. Yes, you heard that right! I said three (3) undead people: Gus (a ghost), Mary (mummy), and Blood (skeleton). 

I'm not a fan of spoilers and I don't think I could say anymore without giving away too much of the story. I will tell you once Will leaves his home and ventures out to the human side of the world, he makes friends with a half-elf, Mendeldor--Menel for short. 

As I'm not typically a manga reader, I know there is so much more story and world development to be uncovered here. There isn't much more than I can say except that it is a wonderful story so far and something you can definitely watch with a child from age 10 and up, provided they can read the text. 

Image from IMDB



No comments:

Post a Comment