This anime ranks high as a favorite with a rating of 4 stars. As usual, the more true to life artwork rates high with me. I also prefer more serious stories without slap-stick comedy, and this anime also fits that criteria. But above all... I love, love, love detective stories!! Couple that with my other all time favorite--the paranormal, and you have Psychic Detective Yakumo.
It has been about a year or two since I came across this little gem. Yakumo, the main character of the series can see ghosts and spirits through his left eye. He was born with a red left eye and because of the weird look, it has caused him many personal hardships. Therefore, he hides his eye behind a colored contact lens. It can be a little creepy, so if you're a scardy cat like me, I don't recommend watching it at night or alone.
If you're looking to get away from anime that feature kids and high school students, this one is a good option because Yakumo is a young college student. While the series has ended, I feel like there was room for more. Of course, I often feel this way when I come across a series I really like, but who doesn't? Before I forget, this one is subtitled only, but I urge you not to let the text frighten you away. It really is a good way to spend a few hours of your time.
No comments:
Post a Comment