This book was mentioned on the Dragon's Den facebook page last year. It is definitely a great story for young readers. The story is about a boy who is sort of being haunted by a banshee. The author took a myth and modern technology and blended them together in a very fun story.
The boy in the story is Irish and has been told a legend about how banshees appear and shriek when someone around you is going to die. The banshee who invades his room doesn't know who it is she's there for or why. Somehow she's forgotten, but since she's in the human world, she's curious about everything around her. Our hero, if you can call him that, takes it upon himself to answer her questions and even lets her pretend to be his cousin so she can go to school with him. Of course, he has ulterior motives. He is trying to figure out a way to get rid of the banshee and save whoever it is before she can take them. It really is a fitting read for tweens.
I also enjoyed the visual appeal of the cover. I bought this book in harback and the striking blue dust jacket helped catch my attention. Since I loved this book after just one read, I added it to my favorites shelf. I get bored very easily, so it's always nice when I find a fun diversion. Also, because the book features a young boy as the lead, I think it is one my son will also like.
No comments:
Post a Comment