The Emperor's Edge is the first book in a series by Lindsay Buroker. I must warn you that I found her series to be highly addictive. The book features a strong female lead who is also intelligent and battling her attraction to a member of her team. This steampunk series is set in a fictional world of the author's creation.
After uncovering a plot to assasinate the emperor, the woman assembles a team of less than savory characters to help her save their country's ruler. Due to her pursuit of justice, she is thrown in jail, almost killed and has her good name tarnished. Of course, this story is just the first in a long line of adventures for our heroine and her team.
I'm sorry that today's discussion is a little short. But honestly, to really feel the excitement and tension of the situations the characters get into, you need to experience this book personally.
No comments:
Post a Comment