It has been more than 10 years since I read this book. All I really remember is that my mother gave it to me and said that I would love it, and I did. I still have the hardback version she purchased. Hardbacks for us was rare, considering the expense. Anyway, what intrigues me about the book, aside from the striking red and gold cover, was the sense of majesty and mystery I got from the story. Even today when I look at this book, I feel like the contents are almost mystical.
Even as I write this blog entry I'm tempted to pick it up and read it again. It is about a boy who finds a strange book in an Oxford library and...he opens it obviously. He first finds the book blank, but the story is far from over. What happens next? You'll have to find a copy of Matthew Skelton's debut novel and find out for yourself. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. I know I wasn't. This book has easily earned its place on my favorite's shelf. As a matter of fact, it's the first book there when you start searching from left to right. Even though I haven't read it in ages and can't fully remember the story, I still know that I love it. And that's really all that matters when it comes to books.
No comments:
Post a Comment