I love this anime!! I'm so glad they made a second season.
For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this one, it involves a future where humanity is under attack by people eating giants. One day these creatures just appeared and in order to survive, humans built gigantic walls to keep them out. Of course, after a couple centuries inside the walls, the titans discover a way to break through and it becomes a bloody fight for mankind's survival.
And when I say bloody, I mean bloody. Not an episode goes by without a human being eaten alive while they scream in agony or a titan being hacked to death with an axe or sharp knife. And since the titans have the advantage of speed and size, our humans have ingenuity. They craft specialized weapons to help them kill their enemies.
But as human technology evolves, the titans won't be left in the dust. Some talk, some run faster and others are larger still. They aren't just mindless human eating automatons. They are learning to strategize as well.
So what makes this show so interesting? Is it the killing? Definitely not. I'm not one who enjoys blood and gore. I still flinch when all the blood splatters. For me, the intrigue is in the mysteries surrounding where the titans came from, what weapons the humans are going to think of next, and just what exactly are the walls made of.
No comments:
Post a Comment