Thursday, April 9, 2015

Counting by 7's

4 out of 5 stars.

While I recently finished this book, there isn't much to say except that I really enjoyed it.

This book can be found in the young reader section of the bookstore. It made me laugh out loud at times and I was even crying by the end.

Honestly, the author did an excellent job of making all her characters feel real. I got attached to the main character, Willow Chance, and I was sad to see the story end. But, it left me with a feeling of pleasure that maybe things would actually work out for her eventually.

I suppose there a few notes I should mention. The cover is cute, yet simple. It is basically white with tiny fish on it. It's not a design that jumps out at you and so, if you're one of those readers who judge books by the cover art, then you would easily pass over this little gem. The book is also mostly told in first person from Willow Chance's perspective. I liked the chance to see the world through her eyes.

As I said before, I thought the book was great. For those of you who worry about your budget, it wouldn't be a waste of $8.99 if you did decide give it a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment