I just finished this one during my weekly anime binge, also known as Saturday. I hate that it ended, but I did like the way the author ended it. The ending gave me a real sense of resolution for Shinichi and Migi.
For those of you who aren't familiar with the story, it centers around a teenage boy named Shinichi and an alien parasite. Shinichi names the parasite Migi, which means 'right hand'. He gives him this name because the alien devoured his right arm and took the place of the limb.
Migi is just trying to survive. However, because he is attached to Shinichi, his signal draws other parasites to his host. And the others are blood thirsty. Thus begins the symbiotic relationship of survival between the two species.
This particular story rates 4 stars on my scale, mainly for the artwork and story execution. I did also like the unique take on earthlings versus alien invasion. I don't want to spoil it for you but there isn't a clear winner in the end, unless you count Shinichi.
No comments:
Post a Comment